On behalf of the SDSU Police Department, welcome to the new semester. Your safety is our top priority. We encourage you to review the following safety information and reminders.
- Call 9-1-1 from your cell phone or any campus phone to report a crime in progress or life-threating emergency. "Blue Light" emergency phones are located throughout campus and can be used for reporting emergencies.
- Call 619-594-1991 to report non-emergencies or to contact the police department.
- Be aware of your
surroundings and avoid distractions such as talking on your cell phone. Walk in groups whenever possible and report suspicious activity by calling 9-1-1.
- Aztec Shield Mobile App is a free app for text and video reporting of crimes and other police-related issues. You may download this app from your app store.
- Secure your belongings by locking your doors and windows, including properly locking your bike and keeping valuables out of sight.
- Free bicycle U-locks are available when you register your bike at the SDSU Police Department.
- Do not leave valuables unattended such as backbacks, laptops or cell phones.
- Use the Safety Escort Service, available from dusk to dawn to and from on-campus locations by calling 619-594-6659. The SDSU library shuttle also operates from the library to any on-campus location or parking area.
- SDSU Alert is the primary way the campus communicates during emergencies. You may register to receive emergency text messages at www.sdsu.edu/SDSUAlert.