- Protect persons through proactive law enforcement and promote a safe and secure environment.
- Address issues that impede or disrupt the orderly operation of the academic process.
- Protect university property by initiating police action (enforcing laws/regulations, arresting offenders) and the education of the community concerning crime prevention methods.
- Mitigate liability and hazards to the university.
- Service to the Campus Community
We value the opportunity to provide service in a manner, which is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient. An attitude of respect for the protection of the worth, dignity, and the rights of all we serve is the foundation of our department.
We value candor, honesty and ethical behavior in the members of our department. We are committed to upholding our positions of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards as set forth in the law enforcement code of ethics.
- Responsibility & Accountability
We value the need to use our resources effectively and to be open in our communication with the campus community. We are responsible for our actions and understand that our behavior earns the support and trust of the public.
We value the spirit of professionalism, and have a clear sense of commitment, perspective and direction. We build professionalism by creating an empowering environment, one that encourages teamwork, innovation and self-evaluation.
We strive for personal and professional excellence. We are committed to improving the campus community, earning their trust, respect and support through active partnership, involvement and service.